We provide customized service for shell mosaic tiles. In the first case, you can choose from our existing pattern styles. In another case, you can give us the pattern you like and tell us the size you need, then we’ll check if it can be made into shell mosaic tiles.
The customized shell mosaic tiles are completely made of natural mother of pearl shell, so color options are limited.
|Customize Personalized Patterns
|Wall, Indoor only
Personalized custom shell mosaic tiles
You can choose our existing pattern styles. You can also give us your own pattern, and we will determine whether your pattern can be produced into shell mosaic tiles.
The customized shell mosaic tiles are completely made of natural mother of pearl shell, and all colors are also natural shell colors.
INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS1. Remove the switch plates, clean and lightly sand the wall. Before installing the mother of pearl tiles on your backsplash, the surface should be clean and flat.
2. Open boxes and layout all of the tiles in the order you would like to place them on the wall. Plan how pieces will fit around the outlets. For installing shell tile around the outlets, cut the mesh with scissors. It should be easy to cut around the outlets because the pearl tiles are so thin.
3. Apply thinset adhesive onto the backsplash wall using a 3/16” trowel. Be sure that your thinset is white as the pearl tiles are inherently translucent. On the other hand, if you would like your tiles to have grey hues in them, than we recommend using a grey thinset. When applying thinset cover the backsplash area at a forty-five-degree angle and swipe. Mother of pearl tiles is lightweight thin tiles so you only need to apply a thin layer of adhesive.
4. Once your adhesive is on the wall, place the mother of pearl tile on the wall over the thin layer of adhesive. Cut the edges of the tile with glass tile nippers or a wet saw to ensure a perfect fit.
5. After the adhesive has dried you are ready to grout. Mother of pearl tiles has a high sheen so be sure to use non-sanded grout to avoid scratching the pearl surface. The grout mixture should be the consistency of peanut butter. After thoroughly mixing, apply the grout with a grout float by spreading the grout all over the shell tiles. Let the grout sit for 10-20 minutes.
6. Then, wipe down the tiles with water and a sponge. Be sure to remove all grout haze from the pearl tiles.